Oh, Brothers & Sisters if you gave a shot at Thor’s Hammer and survived that fun, Ioffer you this variant.
Grab TWO War-Hammers [dumbbells or kettlebells will do.] As for weight, make them half of what you ran The Thor’s Hammer Challenge at.
For example, I ran Thor’s Hammer with a single 50#er, so for Thor’s Twins I used two 25#ers.
Sound slim? Hold your horses.
Hit 10 Overhead Walking Lunges
· That’s full lunge steps where the knee just kisses the pavement and…
- Both DBs extended overhead.
- At the bottom of each lunge—freeze AND hit one strict press with both DBs.
- Once the weight is back overhead, take your next lunge step.
- You got it? Weight overhead, lunge step-freeze-strict press—repeat for 10 steps and 10 presses.
Then anchor the feet and while holding BOTH weights aloft, hit 10 Sit-Ups.
• Again, this is weight extended overhead with arms-locked and not merely clutching them to your chest.
Hit this circuit of 10 & 10, 7 times for a total of 70 reps of each movement.
We want hammers for punches, steel in our submissions, & forged suffering in our Rough & Tumble execution.
Hey, you in the RAW crew? Well, why not. In 2019…
· More Old School Boxing, lots of fine archology here-Dempsey’s Table-Side lesson to Max Bear and Chinning the Clinch alone are worth the price of admission.
· More nit-picky micro-managed takedown, matwork, renegade wrestling than you can shake a wrecked shoulder at.
· And a lengthy unveiling of a re-vamped Bottom Control series, for example, we’ll spend more than a few hours on the “All One” Triangle.
[For more Rough &Tumble history see this blog, and for pragmatic applications of old schooltactics historically accurate and viciously verified see our RAW Subscription Service.]